Wednesday 17 April 2019

Wednesday work.

I got up at 5.40 , had a slice of toast and a cup of tea, packed my lunch and watched tv till it was time to dress and go to work. I had to go with Andy and we picked 16 boxes of rhubarb then he went off to the purple sprouting broccoli and I walked back to the greenhouse to pick radishes. At 10.10 we had our break. I always have cheese and tomato for my lunch and as soon as I walk into the ‘ dinner shed’  a robin turns up on the step singing it’s little heart out and waiting for a bit of my cheese. It likes mature cheddar best. I did 45 bunches of radishes. After break  Andy and I had to pull 3 more boxes of rhubarb and then go to leeks and trim them till 12.30. We did 7 boxes and went back to the yard to wash them. Andy then went for his lunch and I packed and weighed 6 boxes which was about half of what we had trimmed. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a slice of corned beef and a hot cross bun. This afternoon I made some current buns and made an onion and liver casserole. It was so tasty! We had new potatoes and carrots with it. I tried one of my buns, just to check they were ok.
😄.  H had his Spanish lesson this morning, he says it went well. My boss now wants me to work again tomorrow, H wasn’t very pleased because we had planned to do things but now they will have to wait. We got a message at 2 am this morning from no2 son who is back safely from his holiday and says he will be home for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment