Wednesday 24 April 2019

Wednesday.

I got up at 6 o’clock, put on a load of washing and had toast for breakfast with a cup of tea. I packed my lunch, made the bed, dressed, hung out the washing and went to work. First I had to go with Andy and we trimmed 2 rows of leeks that had been lifted. We finished them at 9.30 and had10 boxes. We took them to the yard and washed them etc and the ones that are not wanted till tomorrow we put in the cold store. We then had an early break and after that went to the top of the field where Andy had to fertilise the broad beans and pull 2 boxes of rhubarb while I had to pick 75 bunches of radishes. Andy helped me finish and we went back to the yard and then into the greenhouse where we filled, seeded and watered 9 trays of squashes. Each had 106 seeds. Andy then went for his lunch and I filled 68 pots with compost and pricked out 68 basil  🌿 plants before my home time. When I got home I had a coffee and a hot cross bun. I did a bit of clearing up in the garden and the sky suddenly went black so I got the washing in and it was just in time because we had a short sharp shower. I didn’t bother to go out again. We watched tipping point with a cup of tea, then a bath and I cooked dinner. We had sausages, bacon, eggs, chips, peas and sweet corn. I don’t have to work again till next Wednesday. H is having a Spanish lesson tomorrow, if it’s fine I will go part of the way with him and then have a ride but if it’s raining I will have an indoor ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment