Sunday 7 April 2019

Sunday

I got up at 7.23, put on a load of washing and made a bowl of porridge for breakfast. H came down at 7.45. It was quite a thick fog when we got up and we hoped it would clear before we wanted to go out on our bikes. We had a coffee and I took 2 pork slices out of the freezer for dinner tonight. It was too damp to hang out my washing. At 9.30 the fog had lifted a bit so we got ready to go out on our bikes H got them out of the garage and wiped the chains then added a light oil spray. I put my water bottle and my rear light on and at 10 o’clock we were ready to go. As we got to the gate at the top of our garden I felt the first spot of rain! We unbolted the gate went out, locked it and went off along the passage. By the time we got on to the car park it was pouring and I said to H I think we should go back. So it was , unlock the gate go in lock and bolt it and I went out front and put the bikes back in the garage. The rain was tipping down and by the time I got back inside I was soaked. We had another coffee and H turned the tv on and we watched ‘ the tour of Flanders ‘ , I changed out of my cycle gear again and we both did nothing much for the rest of the day. H had poached eggs on toast for lunch, I had a tomato, a slice of cheese, a pickled onion and an apple. I had a shower after the race was over and I also watched the boat race. Cambridge won much to my delight, I expect my dad is turning in his grave because that’s another sixpence he owes me. For dinner tonight we had pork slices, cauliflower, peas and new potatoes. I am now watching Countryfile but it’s just filling in time till the Durrells come on at 8pm one of my favourite programmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment