Saturday 20 April 2019

Good Friday.

I got up at 5.34 and put on a load of washing. I had a slice whole meal bread toasted for breakfast with a cup of tea. As soon as I had cleaned my teeth and dressed etc we went to Asda for our weekly shop. When we got home I unpacked and put everything away while H made the coffee. With our coffee we had hot cross buns and I sat and read my magazine. Next I hung out the washing and vacuumed upstairs. I brought the cleaner down and was about to start in the hall when H said it was time to get ready for a short bike ride. We left just after 10 am, rode 17.5 miles. We didn’t go very fast because we were enjoying the sun and the beautiful fresh green of the new leaves 🍁 unfurling. The birds were all singing their little hearts out. When we got home I changed, we had a coffee and I carried on with my housework I finished using the vacuum cleaner and took it back upstairs out of the way and then dusted. We then both sat in the sun till our daughter, son in law, granddaughter and her boyfriend all came round bearing gifts of Easter eggs 🥚 and wine 🍷! I had bought pink gin and chocolate cake so we all sat in the garden and it was lovely in the sun. There was one incident of someone falling off a chair which livened up the afternoon, he did it in slow motion and was unhurt so I didn’t feel too guilty laughing 😂. When they all left, taking their eggs with them H and I sat in the sun for a while longer and then I had a shower and cooked dinner. We had quiche with potato wedges, mushrooms and grilled tomatoes. I then went up for my soaps and promptly fell asleep 💤. So although this is my Friday blog I am writing it on Saturday!! No 2 son was coming home last evening but decided to wait till this morning before driving the 100 or so miles as he was a bit tired so best not to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment