Wednesday 29 June 2022

Wednesday.

I got up around 6 and H was up already and had made the tea.I cooked my eggs and poured the tea. We had a coffee and I went to empty the dishwasher only to find it had already been done! After I had washed and dressed etc I vacumed upstairs, made the bed and tidied up. At 9.30 I got ready to meet my ex work colegue and his partner. We had a nice catch up, he has a new job which he is enjoying and so has his partner. He bought a new car (not brand new) with part of his redunency money and they both seem happy. H didnt come with me because he doesnt know them, so wasnt keen to come. When I left them I popped into the garden centre and bought 2 plants for my rockery. When I got home H had fixed the bathroom door handle so now I can close the door and manage to open it again even with my poor hands. H also took the broken kettle apart to see if he could fix it but couldnt. So thats 2 jobs he did that have been waiting for ages, I told him I will have to go out more often. This afternoon we went to Lidl and bought a few things and when we got back we had a cheese roll for lunch with tomatoes, plus mine also had cucumber. We had a coffee and later H had a beer. We watched tipping point, had our baths and dinner. Chilli con carni, followed by peaches and cream. Last evening we were expecting to get our weekly phone call from our youngest son but when he called it was simply to tell us he has covid! His throat was so sore he didnt want to speak, he also had a headache and a temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment