Friday 17 June 2022

Friday even hotter!

I got up at 5.50 put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea and had my eggs for breakfast. At 7.30 we went to Asda for our weekly shop.When we got home I unpacked and put everything away and we had a coffee and an egg custard. I hung out the washing and then we just sat about waiting for our son to get up. He didnt arrive till 12.30 last night, there was a massive hold up on the motorway and part of it was closed. So because of all this he didnt get up till around 10. After his breakfast we all got ready to go out on our bikes. We went to Reepham to the butchers for some nice bacon. We went to the station where son treated us to drinks and cakes and then we rode home again. It was awful, so hot even the wind was hot. I felt quite ill when I got home, but I soon got over it. The temperature got to 33 degrees C here this afternoon. I had a cool bath and washed my hair while H was lighting the BBQ. Dinner was nice, chicken, ribs, sausages, corn on the cob and jacket potatoes.We all had a shandy and strawberries and cream for dessert. WE sat in the garden and the heat slowly went down a degree or two and now its 30 c.

No comments:

Post a Comment