Wednesday 16 February 2022

Wednesday wind

I got up at 5.50, put on a load of washing and yesterdays in the tumble drier. I made a pot of tea and fried my 2 eggs for greakfast. I packed cheese, tomatoes and water. After I was dressed and ready to go I sat and relaxed till it was time for me to go. Work was awful! The first 2houts werent too bad, we were no bunched carrots, they are very slow to pick and bunch now. The deer have trampled down the tops and eaten lumps out of loads.In the summer I can manage to fork up and pick 16 dozen bunches in 2 hours. Today Andy and I picked carrots, they had already been lifted so we didnt have to fork them up and the 2 of us only managed to do 11 dozen bunches between us. After break Andy had to cut cabbages etc and I had to trim leeks. The wind had got up and the leek bed was a quagmire and I spent more time pulling my feet out of the mud than I did trimming leeks! Andy joined me at 12 for the last hour and as he is heavier than me he sunk even deeper into the mire. We both hurt our legs trying to get free and my back is painful too. Thank goodness I dont have to go again till Monday. When I got home H made me a coffee and I sat down for 5 minutes before getting son a salad. I just sat all afternoon doing nothing! Tonight we had duck for dinner wich was delish! With it we had cauliflower, carrots, leeks, sprouts and broccoli with gravy. Last nights crib was won by son again! I won the first game but he won the next 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment