Thursday 17 February 2022

Thursday

I managed to stay in bed till 6.50 which was nice. I put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea and a bowl of porridge for my breakfast. I had a spoonfull of strawberry in it, yum. When the washing was done I hung it out, i had to put extra pegs in everything. I sat doing crossword puzzles till son came down at 8.50 then I emptied the dishwasher etc. H made us a small coffee and he and I got the bikes out of the garage. He checked the tyres and chains and we all got ready to go for a bike ride. It was unbealivable, the wind was so strong. It was ok on our way out as the wind was mostly behind us. However the way back was pretty hard! When we came over the N D R at dog lane it was like a wind tunnel, we got sand blasted and had to fight to stay on our bikes. We had to get cleaned up and dressed to go out to lunch at Hevingham Fox. Our youngest granddaughter treated us to it as part of our Christmas present. We had a lovely meal and I am still feeling stuffed. When we got home we had a cup of tea and son went outside to work on his van.I had a bath and put all the washing away. Tomorrow is supposed to be really awful with a second storm coming in. Its our granddaughters 19th birthday tomorrow so I hope we can get round with her card etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment