Monday 21 February 2022

Monday Work

I got up at 5.30, made a pot of tea, fried 2 eggs and had my breakfast. I packed my usual cheese, tomatoes and water and then relaxed in front of the tele'till it was time to wash and dress ready to go to work. It was truly awful! Storm Franklyn ( I think thsts what it is called) was in full swing and I struggled to keep standing.The field was like a bog and our feet were stuck all morning. The trouble is when your feet are stuck and there is a sudden strong gust of wind you overbalance, cant move your feet to save yourself so you fall over. Its a good job I bounce! There was only Andrew and me working today because Andy has the week off. Andrew was falling over as well, it wasnt just me because I am old. We trimmed leeks till coffee break. After break We had to pick 48 bunches of carrots, a box of loose ones and then back to the leeks just cutting 4 cauliflowers and 2 cabbages on the way. We were told to leave the leek bed at 12.15,go to celeriac, trim 10 pieces and then wash everything. When we had done that Andrew had his lunch but I had another 10 minuits to work so the boss told me to pack leeks till my home time. I managed to fill 5 sacks. When I got home H was in the garage putting a new chain, cassette and 2 new front rings on my mountain bike. He came in and made me a coffee. I feel tired out! Also pulling up leeks Ihave hurt my back. I sat all afternoon , made a pot of tea, had a bath and prepared and cooked dinner. It was ribeye steaks, fried onions and garlic, mushrooms and brocolli. I have to work again on Wednesday so I hope the wind will have dropped and my back has improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment