Saturday 19 February 2022

Saturday

I got up at 7.05, made a pot of tea, a bowl of porridge and had my breakfast. H came down at 7.50 and I poured the tea. I hung out the washing I had done yesterday or the day before. We had a coffee and I read my book till son got up. H asked son if he wanted to go for a bike ride but he said no because he was going to the climbing centre this afternoon. Anyway H said we should go for a short ride anyway, so we put our cycle gear on and went out. It was cold and windy and the track was muddy. However after a few miles I warmed up and enjoyed it. The track was vety messy with so much tree debris all over. We saw several trees down. THERE WERE 2 right across the track. the first one we got off to see if we could move it but it was too heavy so we lifted out bikes over. The second one was much bigger. We could have lifted our bikes over but we were only going to go about half a mile further anyway so we just turned round and came back. (15.13 miles) When we got home I made a coffee while H put the bikes away. I made sons salad and H and I had cheese on toast. Next I changed and we went to see H's sister who is just out of hospital. She is doing well but looks poorly. When we got home I made a pot of tea and had my bath. when I came down I began to cook dinner. We had gammon steak with fried onions, leeks and garlic mushrooms and broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment