Wednesday 15 September 2021

Wednesday.

I got up at 5.15,H was already up, had put on a loaf of bread and made the tea. I had my breakfast and packed my bottle of water and cheese and cucumber as a change from tomato. I hung out yesterdays washing, dressed and got ready to go to work. When I got to work I had to pick 40 bunches of beetroot and 84 bunches of carrots. After I had cut all the string I did the beetroot first and then the carrots Andy picked them and me up and we went to the yard and had our break. Next we both had to go to leeks and trim 6 boxes, we did 3 each and went back to the yard. ( it was my first leeks of the season) I enjoy trimming leeks as long as I can get my knife really sharp. Next Andy hed to wash the leeks and I had to go to the greenhouse and pick tomatoes till home time, I picked 3 trays. when I got home H made me a coffee and I had the crust off his new loaf with butter and marmite. I went outside outside and did a bit of clearing up in the garden,when I went in I took the washing in with me and made a pot of tea. H ran me a bath and when I came down I cooked dinner. We had salmon with a jacket potato, runner beans and leek.

No comments:

Post a Comment