Sunday 5 September 2021

Sunday bike ride.

I got up at 10 past 6 and put on a load of washing.I wasnt feeling very well and had a bit of a stomack upset. Inhad a cup of tea and 2 eggsbecause I hoped to go out on my bike. H got all 3 bikes out of the garage and son got up. I told him I had a bad tummy ache so he said he would work on his van and see how I was feeling at 10.30 and if I was ok we would go then. I didnt feel too bad so we all got ready to leave. we had a really nice ride going to places we have never been before. First we went to Ringland hills and on to Ling.We have all done that before but then it changed , we went off road, past huge lakes, through fields that warned you fo cows with calfs who could be agressive and worst of all one that said beware of the bull! We couldnt see a bull but it was so hilly and one hill H and I both had to walk up. I have always said if I have to srart walking up hills I would give up cycling, but I think I can be excused on this hill because not only was it steep but also the gtass was really long. Son took a long run at it and just made it and he is 39 years younger than me! We took H to the new cafe along MARRIOTTS Way that we had tried when we did the ride without him in the week and then rode the rest of the way home on the track.It was about 25 miles in all.I got lunch and then relaxed till dinner with my book. We had a BBQ this evening, chicken legs, lamb chops, sausages, corn on the cob and fried onions, all washed down with a beer. The men had bananas with maple syrup but I had an orange because I dont like cooked bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment