Wednesday 4 August 2021

Wednesday work

I got up at 5 and knitted till H got up and then I made a pot of tea and had my breakfast. I packed my usual snack and emptied the dishwasher. I did all my ironing up to date and then bot ready to go to work. Andrew was sent on a gardening job and Andy and I had our first list to fill. 120 bunches of carrots, 35 bunches of radishes and 2 boxes of rhubarb. We took it all back to the yard and had our break.Next we had to unload the trailer, pick a box of beans then Andy went to cut lettuce and I had to hunt for beetroot, ( golden and purple ) in a bed of weeds that are 4 feet tall. I could only find 8 bunches (5 in a bunch) 6 of golden and 2 purple. After that I had to go to the greenhouse and pick the tomatoes which took till 12.40 so I just took some more bottom leaaves off the tomatoe plants. When I got home H made me a coffee. While I was at work our daughter in law came round and gave us some plums from her garde and, oh my goodness they are really delicious. She also brought green beans and courgettes. I did a few rows of my knitting, it now has 143 stiches per row and all patten so I have to consentrate. We watched tipping point, had a bath, washed my hair and then dinner. Salmon, jacket potatoes and green beans. I dont have to go to work till Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment