Saturday 21 August 2021

Saturdays post. A day late because we had a power cut and I was unable to write it.

We have had a really nice day. We had a bit of a lay in which is a good start. We had our breakfast, I put on a load of washing and we did our weekly shop. After I had put it all away Ihung out the washing and emptied the dishwasher we had a coffee and a small egg custard. I did a bit of general clearing up and H got our bikes out of the garage. We rode to Reepham station the short way which is almost 10 miles. H went into the cafe and orderd the coffees and cakes, when he came out I asked if we were having clotted cream with our scone and he said no they have sold out already! (I cant help wondering if this is my fault as I put a comment on trip adviser saying they were so good!)So we had cheese scones with butter and also a chocolate brownie with our usual coffee. I dare not say how goodn the brownie was because there wouldnt be any of those left if I do. We then rode home the long way via the loop so our ride was 23 and a quarter miles. The temperature was perfect and we both really enjoyed it. I put the bikes away and we had a bath right away because we were going to our daughters and son in laws for a B B Q. Its his birthday. It was a lovely afternoon and evening, all their family were there so we got to see our eldest granddaughter who is pregnant and only got 11 weeks to go,her husband, our grandson who was in charge of the B B Q and did a fantastic job, specially with a huge rack of ribs, our youngest granddaughter who had to wotk but was home in time for tea and our great granddaughter who is 2 and in charge of everybody! We were welcomed with otange G & Ts with a slice of orange and yummy, Nova had everyones otange then calling G G (thats me) come into the garden then grandad, come out here etc etc. She walks up to sirree and says sirree play barr barr black sheep. What would my parents think of such things all we had was a wind up gramaphone.She is such a lovely little girl. Anyway we had a really nice time, a lovely meal with birthday cake, loads to drink! and suck nice company.When we got home I went up to watch tv because H was watching u tube rubbish. I came down when he came to bed, started to watch a film and fell asleep in the adds. when I woke up to blog I thought I had gone blind wverything was pitch black! The phones were off, tv, all the small stand by lights and digital clocks etc. total blackness. I felt my way to the window looked outsise and could see that there was no light in anyones house soi knew it wasnt just us fused. In a house over the way I could see a lighter flame moving across the room and then a warm glow as a candle was lit. This morning its back on so now I am off to reset things, oven clock boiler microwave etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment