Wednesday 1 August 2018

August!!!

This month my eldest brother and his wife are coming for a visit from New Zealand, the last time they came was 11years ago.   I got up this morning  at 5.35 and had my eggs and courgette. I packed my lunch packed my bag, made the bed, dressed and went to work. I had to go with Andy and we harvested carrots. They had to be forked up, the ground is rock hard and the weeds made it a real struggle. We did just over 7 dozen bunches then did 60 bunches of beetroot. I can normally do that amount on my own in 2 hours but the weed and solid ground made it really slow. After break I had to do 3 boxes of broard beans and then go weeding. I packed a few lettuce too. When I got home I had a coffee and sat in the garden with H. We had a pint of shandy because we were so thirsty. We came in at 2.2o because it was too hot. I had a bath for a change and for dinner we had quiche with mushrooms and tomatoes. I am at work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment