Monday 6 August 2018

Monday.

I got up at 5.40 and had my breakfast, egg and courgette with a large mug of tea. I packed my lunch (tomato and cheese) with 2 bottles of water. I dressed, made the bed and read a magazine till it was time to go to work. I had to pick 28 bunches of radishes, 30 bunches of beetroot, 36 bunches of carrots and 6 bunches of spring onions. It was all done by coffee break so after that I had to prick out several trays of lettuce and fennel, around 1,500 plants altogether. It was terribly hot in the field.
Today our daughter and eldest granddaughter were going to walk to Reepham along the track and home again. They were meeting our  grandson who works in Reepham for lunch. They walked 17.7 miles in 5 hours and 15 minutes. Pretty good in all this heat. When I got home I had a coffee and a slice of corned beef. I had a nice cool bath and then cooked dinner, we had ribs with potatoes, carrots and beans. Yesterday my Apple Watch went wrong! I am gutted! Its still working but the glass, or screen has lifted off the rest of the casing. I had to leave  it at home today of course but I must have looked at my wrist a hundred times. I have to work again on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment