Thursday 16 August 2018

Thursday

I got up st 5.30 put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch, made my bed dressed and started a bit of knitting till it was time for me to go to work. I didn’t hang out the washing out because H was going for his Spanish lesson and I didn’t want him worrying about it. It’s a good job I didn’t because by the time I got to work it was very dull and within half an hour it was raining. It rained for most of the morning and even with my ‘wet gear’ on, by the time I got homeI was wet through to the skin. I had to pick. 32 bunches of radishes, 42 bunches of beetroot, 22 bunches of golden beetroot, 120 bunches of carrots, 10 bunches of purple carrots and 80 bunches of spring onions. Andy joined me around 10.30 and by then I had done the radishes, all the beetroot and several of the carrots. Oh, we also had to do a box of loose carrots. Anyway we finished it all by 12.55 just in time for me to go home so no more work till Monday. H had to bike to his lesson because I had the car so he got wet through too. We both had a bath which warmed us up nicely. I had corned beef for lunch and or dinner tonight we had pork chops, new potatoes , runner beans and carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment