Thursday 30 August 2018

Thursday.

I got up at 5.30, put on a load of washing and had egg and courgette for breakfast with a mug of tea. I packed a tomato and some cheese with a bottle of water. I hung out the washing and also yesterday’s and then I got ready to go to work. When I arrived the boss gave me a list as long as your arm and I was at the top of the field before it was even 8 o’clock. I had to pick 93 bunches of radishes, 64 bunches of beetroot, 22 bunches of golden beetroot, 30 bunches of purple carrots, a box of loose carrots and 120 bunches of orange carrots. It all took till 12.45 so by the time I got back to the yard it was time to go home. I don’t have to go again till Monday. On the way home I called at the chicken farm for eggs. I intend to make the third tier of the wedding cake this weekend so I needed eggs. When I got home H made me a coffee and we had a cheese sandwich with radishes. I got all my washing in, nice and dry and ironed it right away. We watched La Vuelta and I made a pot of tea. H ran me a bath and then I cooked dinner. We had chicken pie with new potatoes and corn on the cob. I was supposed to weigh myself today but I forgot, mainly because I didn’t realise it was Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment