Thursday 23 August 2018

A lovely day.

I got up at 6.30 after a good nights sleep and put on a load of washing. The loaf I put on timer last night turned out well and after breakfast I made a coffee and walnut sponge which also turned out really well. We had a coffee and got ready to go out with my brother and his wife. When they got to ours we went straight to Holt railway station to catch a train to Sheringham. When we got on the train it was raining but by the time we got off it had stopped and the sun came out and it was a lovely day. We enjoyed the ride and the smell of the smoke brought back old memories. We walked down to the sea and it was beautiful, the tide was out so there was loads of golden sands, the sea was a glorious colour. On the way back into town I bought crabs for our tea and they did a terrific job of wrapping them ! They asked if I was taking them home, I said yes so they added ice to the wrapping and when we got home hours later they were cold and fresh. John then treated us to lunch and also a huge ice cream. It was so funny, H was eating his and his cone broke in half, he managed to catch it and and by the time he had eaten it he was covered in ice cream. We were all laughing, my brother more than most!! And then his did the same. You have never seen 2 men in such a mess I laughed so much I cried. I had no trouble with mine! We then went for a walk and then back to the station for our return train ride. It was a steam engine again, this time the Black Prince, last night it was on anglia news and the weather man was reading the weather from it. We got back to our car and drove to Baconsthorpe castle. John and Judy had never been before and found it very interesting. Then we came home for crabs with my nice new loaf and butter, 2 cups of tea and a slice of cake. Anyway it all added up to a brilliant day

No comments:

Post a Comment