Saturday 11 August 2018

Saturday

I got up at 6.30 after a good nights sleep. I put on a load of washing and had eggs for breakfast. I hung the washing out when it was done. Today H was expecting a parcel, I was going out for a short ride but had to wait for the postman first. H went up at 9am to ride a 100k bike race and as I was having to hang about till he finished! It took him over 3 hours so I decided to make the first tier of the wedding cake. I weighed out all the fruit into my large mixing bowl (2lbs currants, 1 lb raisins, etc etc) and to cut a long story short all the fruit completely filled the bowl! I was supposed to add 20 ozs of flour and spices!! Then if I had creamed the 20 ozs of butter and 20 ozs of sugar and beaten in 12 eggs there is no way I would be able to mix it in. What a nightmare! I then had to wait for H to finish, shower, dress etc. before I could go out to buy something larger and leave him on postman duty. By the time I got back it was too late to make the cake because it’s going to take so many hours to bake. To make matters worse when I arrived home the parcel was on the doormat!! So I have sealed up the fruit and will start again in the morning. I was a bit fed up then so I decided to do my favourite job and work in the garden. I spent all the rest of the out there. When I came in I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had lasagna with fried tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment