Saturday 25 August 2018

Saturday.

I got up at 6.40 after a good sleep and had my breakfast. We had a coffee and I sat and knitted till H went up to turbo. After he had gone I made some damson jam. I washed and weighed my fruit, added water and brought it to the boil. Next I added sugar , cooked it for 10 more minutes and poured it into jars th at I had heated in the oven. It tastes nice. When that was done I made the second tier of the wedding cake. So it’s 2 down and one to go. I picked all our ripe tomatoes and for lunch we had a cheese and tomato sandwich and a cup of coffee. I knitted for most of the afternoon, decided I needed some air so went outside to do some clearing up in the garden. I had only been out there about 40 minutes when it began to rain. They were huge spots so I thought I had better go in. It only rained a few minutes more and then the sun was out again but I couldn’t bother to go out again. We had a cup of tea and a slice of cake, I knitted again and for dinner we had sausages, mushrooms, eggs and fried tomatoes, very tasty. The cake is cooked and looks pretty good. I just tried the jam and it’s very tasty. My daughter had a great time in London over the last 2 days .

No comments:

Post a Comment