Wednesday 22 August 2018

Wednesday.

It was work today so I got up at 5.40 put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I dressed, made the bed, packed my lunch and hung out the washing, then off I went to work. We were really busy! I had to pick 2 boxes of tomatoes, 55 bunches of radishes, 50 bunches of beetroot, 20 bunches of bolden beetroot, 72 bunches of carrots and 24 bunches of purple carrots. Andy joined me later on but I was already on the carrots and had done half. They were hard to dig up because the ground has gone hard. We finished it all by 12.30 so we went and trimmed 2 boxes of leeks, my first this season. On my way home I called at the chicken farm for eggs and when I got home H and I had a banana milkshake. I sat down to drink mine and the doorbell rang, it was my brother John and his wife from New Zealand. They had just popped round to make sure they knew the way because they are coming round tomorrow. We had a c of tea and a nice chat. When they left I had a shower and cooked dinner. We had Cornish pasties with potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, green beans and kale. Tomorrow we are going on the ‘ poppy line’ north Norfolk railway.

No comments:

Post a Comment