Thursday 9 August 2018

Thursday.

 I got up at 6.30 and read a chapter of my book before making a pot of tea and having my breakfast. I packed my lunch, dressed, made the bed and went to work. I had to pick 23 bunches of radishes, 30 bunches of beetroot, 6 bunches of golden beetroot, 75 bunches of carrots and 56 bunches of spring onions. After that I had to pick 3 boxes of sungold tomatoes which only left me 32 minutes to weed. We had a little rain on and off all morning while I was working, just enough to make things messy but not enough to do any good which was quite disappointing but this afternoon it rained more heavily and hasn’t stopped yet. On the way home I went to the chicken farm for 2 dozen large eggs and when I got indoors H poured me a nice cup of coffee. I read more of my book and then had a bath. For dinner tonight we had pork chops with potatoes, carrots and cabbage that were all still growing in the field up to 10 o’clock this morning. I don’t have to work till Monday so the weekend starts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment