Saturday 18 August 2018

Saturday.

I got up at 6.35, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I hung the washing out when it was done and H made me a coffee. I did a bit of tidying up and our son got up just after 9 am. We all sat about talking and then at 10.10 H and I left to go and pick up my brother and sister in law to take them out for the day. John and Judy live in New Zealand and are over here for a visit. We hadn’t seen them for 10 or 11 years so it was great. I had forgotten how big my brother is  (6.foot 5 😗)to my 5.5! We had a lovely day, we went to Cromer and it was packed! We were going to just have chips and then do nuts for lunch but the queue was so long at the chip shop we just had the donuts. We had to queue for them for quite a while as well. We also had a coffee. We went for a bit of a walk and then went back to the car and drove to Sheringham Park and did another walk there. When we got home I rang our other son and also our daughter to tell them we were back so they could come round when they liked. The plan was for us all to have a Thai takeaway. No 2 son was at the climbing centre so when he came back we all ordered. 3 of the couples were having a setThai meal for 2. One couple were having Chinese, chicken balls, sweet and sour sauce, special fried rice etc and our other son was just having some duck curry thing. We had it all written down and ordered it over the phone. They said it would be 45 mins which was fine. When it arrived ( on time) we handed over £95and then opened it all up. Well what a nightmare! We actually had about a third of our order. Out Daugter sorted it all out over the phone and they came back with another load, very apologetic and with masses of freebies, 2 large bottles of coke, more prawn crackers and over a dozen fortune cookies. In normal circumstances it wouldn’t have mattered to us because we are all prett laid back but as just one of the Thai meals for 2 arrived in the first lot we gave it to my  N Z brother and his wife, they didn’t like to eat it while we were all waiting for bits and pieces I think they ate theirs only Luke warm so it was spoilt a bit. H took them back to my other brothers where they are staying tonight and when he got back he had a drink and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment