Monday 23 May 2022

Monday, hospital

I got up at 5.30, made a pot of tea and had 2 eggs for breakfast. After H had finished his breakfast we had a coffee. The weather forcast for here was rubbish today so we decided not to go out on our bikes. So as soon as we made our minds up I dressed so I could go outside and work in the garden. I had been working for about an hour and a half when our eldest son phoned and said he and his wife were popping round to see us so I went in and changed out of my shorts a tidied up. They brought us a few plants for the garden, 2 sunflowers, a chilli and some climbing french beans. The rain stayed away for ages, when our guests left we each had a cheese sandwich because I was going to the hospital for a biopsy on a leison in my mouth and they said I should eat before I go. H was taking me and then visiting our daughter who lives quite close to the hospital till I rang him up when I could go home. On the way home we were getting fish and chips from our favourite chippy for tea. I was so looking forward to them, we havent had proper fish and chips for ages. Well after the op they gave me a paper saying I shouldnt eat anything hot or crunchy or chewey till the numbness and the swelling had gone down because I might bite onto it. Or upset the stitches. I was gutted that I couldnt have my fish and chips but as its turned out I wouldnt have been able to eat them anyway my mouth is too sore. So all I have had is a luke warm cup of tea. H wouldnt have fish and chips either! He said he will wait till we can both have them. I have just taken 2 paracetamols and its feeling much better already, just an ache now.Oh I also had an xray which was a whole head thing and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment