Wednesday 2 March 2022

Wednesday work

I got up at5.20, put on a load of washing and made a pot of tea. I cooked my eggs and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch and my gloves etc and then I sat and read my book till it was time to leave for work. First we had to wash some vegetables that the two men harvested yesterday. 5 boxes of beetroot, 2 boxes of turnips and a box of swedes. After that Andy and I had to pick 100 bunches of carrots and 2 boxes of loose ones. (Andrew went out to do a gardening job ). We had our break and I had to trim leeks while Andy cut cabbages and picked 2 boxes of kale. When Andy had finished he joined me. We did 6 boxes and then moved to turnips but only had time to trim one box before it was time for me to go home. I dont have to go anymore till Monday and the boss said he thinks I will be on a one day week from now on! This means I only have 6 or 7 days of work left. I think it will be hard for me because I have been working since I was 15 years old and now I am 83.When I got home H made me a cup of coffee and I sat and read my book till it was time for tipping point. When that was over we had our baths ans dinner.A jacket potato with minced beef and onions poured over the top and peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment