Monday 7 March 2022

Monday work

I got up at 5.40, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I packed my cheese and tomsto and when the washing was done I hung it out. I sat and read a bit of my book and at 7.25 I left to go to work. I was sent to trim leeks straight away and the men joined me when they had cur a few cabbages. We went back to the yard at 10, had our break and washed our 10 boxes of leeks before going back to the field for 2 boxes of loose carrots, 3 cauliflowers and more leeks. We were supposed to trim them till 1 oclock but we finished all the leek that had been lifted by 12.45 so we went back to the yard, the men went to the shed and had their lunch and I packed up a few of the washed leeks till my home time. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a date scone. I got the washing in and worked in the garden for half an hour. When I went in I made a pot of tea, we watched tipping point, had our baths and then dinner. Breadded cod, potato wedges and mushy peas. I dont have to work again till next Monday. I am now only working one morning a week until my boss tells me its the end. I think I may have 6 more to work and then I will be poor! I started work when I was 15 years old and now I am 83. I have worked all that time, sometimes having 2 jobs at once a day job and an evening job. I worked righu up to when I had my babies and straight away afterwards. So its a way of life for me and I am not sure how Iwill be with no work and no wage coming in!

No comments:

Post a Comment