Monday 28 March 2022

Monday work.

I got up at 5.30, made a pot of tea and had 2eggs for breakfast. I packed a slice of cheese with a tomato and my bottle of water. I watched a bit of news ut it was such rubbish I read a bit of my book instead. At 7 I dressed etc and got ready to go to work. I had to go with Andy and we had to pick 4 boxes of carrots, 40 cabbages, 3 boxes of purple sprouting broccoli and 3 boxes of curly kale. Because the carrots took so long it was 10.25 by the time we got to Andrew so we all went back to the yard for our coffee break. After that we washed the carrots and Andrews leeks. We then went back into the field Andy did a box of parsnips and a box of rhubarb before joining Andrew and me on leeks. The boss said we needed 10 more boxes so when we had done them we went back to the yard and I packed up the carrots till my home time. When I went to the shed to take my wellies off the boss was there and said he will see me next Monday and I only have 1 more after that to work before he retires. The end is coming up fast! When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a slice of my fruit cake, its nice. I made son a salad and read some of my book. Dinner was cottage pie, son doesnt eat potato so he had cauliflower mash on top of his. With it we had purple sprouting broccoli, broccoli and leeks. It was all very tasty. Son is leaving this evening as he has to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment