Monday 14 March 2022

Monday work

I got up at 5.15 because I couldnt sleep. I made a pot of tea and cooked my 2 eggs with a musdroom. After breakfast I packed cheese and tomato with my bottle of water and a banana. After I had washed and dressed so I was ready to go I sat and relaxed with my book. It was a beautiful sunny day. I had to trim leeks for the first 2 hours, the men joined me after they had cut the cabbages. I think we did 10 boxes. We had our break, washed the leeks and the spent the rest of the morning lifting and topping carrots. It took all 3 of us to pick 2 boxes and 10 sacks. They are so hard to do because they are just about over and the roots are growing fast and all have to be rubbed off. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a toasted teacake. I made our son a salad and when he had eaten it he got ready to go back to his. H and I had a glass of bramble gin and tonic, watched tipping point, had our baths and dinner. Breadded cod with cauliflower and potato wedges. Last week my boss told me I would be on a one day week from now on and I will be finishing the week leading up to Easter when he will be retiring and Andy and I will be slung on the scrap heap! So last week I worked just the one morning but because of the huge order for carrots I have been asked to work again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment