Saturday 29 May 2021

Sunny (at last) Saturday

I got up at 5.30, put on a load of washing and made a pot of tea. I had eggs for breakfast. I hung the washing out when it was done. We had a coffee and sat in the lovely sunshine. Yesterday our no2 son came home for a long weekend, he came on the train for a change and we picked him up from the station. So we sat about till he got up and then i emptied the dishwasher etc. After he had had his breakfast we got all the bikes out of the garage and got ready to go for a bike ride. We had a nice ride stopping so many times to look at buzzards etc. We saw so much wildlife it was like a nature trail. We saw a kite, numerous buzzards, a kestrel, rabbits,a hare, pied wagtail, sky larks, geese with goslings and a big deer that almost ran us over. It was wall to wall sunshine all day, so lovely sitting at Reepham station with coffee and cake. It was salad for lunch when we got home and a G&T with loads of ice sitting in the garden. We had a BBQ this evening, ribs, sausages, chicken, corn on the cob, jacket spuds, and a tossed salad. Babanas and maple syrup for pud. I finished the little coat I was knitting, I only started it on Thursday, its the fastest I have ever knitted anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment