Sunday 16 May 2021

Sunday

We got up at 6.15 and had our breakfast. We both had tea and toast. I put on a load of washing. We had a coffee and when the washing was done I hung it out. I sat and knitted till I finished the second front of my jacket. Next I dug a patch of garden,planted my runner beans and put canes in for them to climb. I spent all the rest of the morning working in the garden. H rode upstairs again because we thought it was going to rain. This afternoon we both sat in the sun for a while and it was so hot. After a while it turned quite black and we had a most amazing storm! Its a long time since I have seen such heavy rain and then a hail storm and the lawn turned white. I wish I hadnt put my beans in, I havent checked them but I should think they have been cut to ribbons.I am glad I didnt plant the tomato plants too. For lunch we had soup and a hot cross bun, we had a glass of wine and later on a cup of tea. For dinner we had the same as yesterday, roast chicken, mashed potato, broccoli, cauliflower, cattots and gravy. After dinner I sat and finished my book and started another. This afternoon H made a bowl of pop corn it was very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment