Wednesday 17 February 2021

Wednesday work.

I got up at 5.20 and had eggs and peppers for breakfast. I packed celery, cheese, a banana and a bottle of water for my break and then watched tv till it was time for me to get dressed and ready for work. When I arrived Andrew was there, he had tested negative for covid and was feeling better. I thought, oh good now I wont have to work tomorrow but I was wrong, I still have to go. All 3 of us went together to leeks first, it was hard work as usual. The boss cant lift them because its too wet on the land so they all had to be dug up with a spade by hand, it all takes ages. We went down a t 10 for our break and afterwards we washed and packed the leeks before going back to the field. Next we trimmed 3 boxes of swedes, 1 box of celeriac, 5 boxes of beetroot and then loose carrots for the rest of the morning. 50% of the carrots have been nibbled by hares! I dont know how many there are but considering the damage that has been done since I was there last there must be hundreds of them! We saw 1 this morning but thats all. When I left off I went to our daughters for our groceries. She gave me 2 slices of cake she had made so after i had unpacked and put it all away, I read my magazine and then H made me a coffee and we had cake, my goodness it was yummy. I was so tired after working that when I was trying to write in my diary what I had done I kept falling asleep mid word! The page looks as if a spider has crawled over it where I kept droppong the pen. We watched a Monk , had our baths and dinner. We had chicken with peas, sweet corn and noodles. It was nice. I have to work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment