Thursday 18 February 2021

Thursday.

I got up at 5.45, put on a load of washing and had eggs and peppers for breakfast. I packed a piece of cucumber, a slice of cheese and a bottle of water. I washed and dressed etc and then relaxed till it was time for me to go to work. The 3 of us all had to trim leeks first. the boss said we had to have 10 boxes. Andrew had to dig every one up with a spade because the boss still hasnt been able to lift any yet. It took us till 10 15. We had our break and then washed the leeks before going back into the field for 10 boxes of loose carrots, 3 boxes of beetroot and 65 pieces of celeriac. We took everything back to the yard and it was 12.35 so the men went to have their lunch and I packed up leeks till hometime. When I got home H made me a coffee. This morning he made a malt loaf and when it had cooled a bit he cut off the crust, buttered it and gave it to me, it was delicous. We watched tipping point had our baths and I cooked dinner. We had quiche with potato wedges and cheesy tomatoes. The good news is I dont have to work again till Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment