Wednesday 2 June 2021

Wednesday (hot again)

I didnt get up till 6.20 when I put on a load of washing and had 2 eggs and a mug of tea for for breakfast. We had a small coffee and I hung out the washing. H sat and watched tv and I started a new book. Around 9 oclock the door bell rang and it was our daughter in law with 3 plants for our garden, 2 sunflowers and an Angels trumpet. H and I sat in the garden till it became too hot. We had another coffee and I spent 2 hours weeding.For lunch we had a strawberry milk shake with ice cream and a slice of fruit cake.I made a batch of melting moments and worked a bit longer in the garden. I am cutting round the bricks that edge the lawn, I am doing it for 2 reasons, first, it makes the garden look so much tidier and second, my boss wants me back next Tuesday and Wednesday so I need to be able to bend down for 5 hours at a time without getting a backache. I have been neglecting bending much lately. This afternoon we went to our granddaughters with her birthday gifts. Our great granddaughter is such a dear little girl. She is not yet 2 but she can say so many things. She recited baa baa blacksheep and sang old Mac Donald, she doesnt stop talking. When we got home I made a pot of tea, we watched tipping point, had our baths and had our dinner which was nice, chicken curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment