Sunday 20 December 2020

Sunday.

I got up at 6.15 and put on a load of washing before making the tea and porridge. I had my breakfast and when the washing was done I hung it out and yesterdays as well.When I came in H made me a coffee. I emptied the dishwasher, put everything away and got the meat out of the freezer for tonight. I hung all our Christmas cards up and after another coffee we all got ready to go out on our bikes. We had a really nice ride, we started off on the road becsuse the track at our end is rather muddy. Then we got on the track and carried on past Whitwell, over the Reepham road and up to the next road. We were going to carry on but the next section was like a quagmire so we turned round and and came back, (we did 23 and a bit miles). Our son got a puncture, it was rear wheel this time, the last time he and I went along the track he got a puncture in his front wheel. Its only the second time he has been out with a new tyre on the back. He found the culprit, a huge thorn sticking right through. This was at the halfway point and then 3 miles from home he got another one! When we got home the men had a mug of left over stew, I had some cheese. we had a glass of 7year old port and watched a film. I siced my beetroot and put it in vinegar. After my bath I cooked dinner. Son and I had ribeye steaks and H had a pork steak ( he is not keen on beef!). with our steaks we had mushrooms, tomatoes, potato wedges, squash wedges, and cauliflower. We had the other half of our melon for dessert. I have had a nice day, I loved my bike ride. Tomorrow I have to go to work which wont be as nice and the forecast is for rain rain and more rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment