Thursday 3 December 2020

My birthday 🍰

I got up at 5.20 and put on a load of washing. I had eggs and a mug of tea for breakfast and then opened all my cards and presents.I have some lovely gifts, all my favourite things, flowers, chocolates, gin, wine, books, candles, earrings, chocolate etc. I am so lucky. Ipacked my lunch, dressed, and got ready to go to work. It was a horrible morning, wet and cold. I had to go with Andy and we had to do 9 boxes of parsnips, its not a nice job you have to scrabble about in the mud and drag them out with your hands, my fingers are quite swollen up this evening. Next we had to get 50 pieces of celeriac and take them to the yard to wash. After break I had to pick 44 bunches of beetroot, 72 bunches of carrots and 36bunches of purple carrots.Andy joined me on carrots and when they were done we just had time to trim 1 box of leeks before hometime. When I left off the boss told me he wouldnt need me tomorrow after all, what a bonus. H made me a cuppa soup and Imhad a mince pie. I had loads of birthday messages and face time with our daughter, granddaughter and great granddaughter. I ca nt bear my face being on my Ipad but it was worth it to see them all. We had a glass of wine, watched tipping point, had our baths and I got dinner. We had spaghetti bolognase. I must say I didnt ever think I would still be working when I was 82, but I dont think its done me any harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment