Monday 7 December 2020

Monday

I got up at 5.15,put on s load of washing, made a pot of tea and had eggs and peppers for breakfast. I packed a snack for work and a flask of bovril because its too cold to drink water. I dressed etc and then just sat and watched tele'till it was time for me to go to work. While H was de icing the car I took some chicken breasts out of the freezer so I could make a chicken stew when I get home for dinner tonight. It was horrible at work, so cold. I had to pivk and bunch 18 bunches of beetroot first. The leaves were frozen and covered in a layer of ice which made my hands so cold, I couldnt feel my fingers and it made it so hard to tie the string. Next I had to do 12 bunches of carrots and then trim leeks. They were all frozen into the ground which made it really hard work. The men picked me up when they had finished what they were doing and we went to the yard and washed everything. We had our break and Andrew went off to a gardening job and I had to go with Andy. We had to trim a box of swedes then pick 12 boxes of curly kale and 1 box of black kale. Next I went to carrots and and did 60 bunches, while Andy cut 2 boxes of carrots and dug up a box of parsnips. He picked my carrots up and I walked to the purple cattots and did 6 bunches while he picked just 3 kilo of purple sprouting broccoli. We both went to leeks after that and we needed 6 boxes. we had only trimmed 3 boxes when my alarm went off telling me it was home time. Andy wasnt happy because it meant he would have to go back and do more after his lunch. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a banana. We had our Advent chocolate too. I made the chicken stew and then sat in the lounge still trying to warm up. My fingers feel quite stiff. I had a bath which warmed me and we had dinner, the stew was very tasty. Our son has just left but he will be back for Christmas. I have to work again on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment