Monday 21 December 2020

Monday

I got up at5.30, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I had red bell pepper fried with 2 eggs, yummy, I also had a mug of tea. I packed my usual cheese and tomato with a bottle of water, made the bed, dressed, packed my bag with extra socks and gloves and got ready to go to work. It was raining when I left home, raining when I came home 6 hours later and it didnt stop in between. I had to pick 38 bunches of purple carrots and 120 bunches of carrots. The men arrived to collect them just as I finished. We went to the yard, unloaded the trailer and had our break. After break Andrew pulled up loads of leeks for me to trim. The boss said he wanted 6 boxes, I had trimmed 5 boxes when the men turned up so we all trimmed the 6th box and went back to the yard where we washed some celeriac the men had trimmed and the leeks. I just had time to lay out the carrots on the rack ready to be washed and it was time for me to go home.I was supposed to be working tomorrow but the boss said we werent as busy as he thought we would be so I dont have to go. My Christmas starts here.My next working day is January 4th! When I got home H made me a coffee and we watched a film. For dinner we had lamb cutlets, sausages, potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli,carroots and leeks. Now I am about to watch 'Corrie'.

No comments:

Post a Comment