Friday 18 December 2020

Friday, a week till Christmas. 🎄

I got UP at 5.35 and after I had made a pot of tea I cooked mushrooms and eggs for my breakfast. while it was cooking I packed cheese, tomatoes and water for my break at work. I sat and relaxed till it was time to dress and go. I was sent on leeks first on my own and it aws a nightmare. The boss had lifted them but he had gone in too deep i couldnt lift them out of the ground. I had to cut round each one in the ground and heave them out. While I was pulling some broke off and I fell over backwards.The men came to pick them up and said they had to take down 8 boxes, I had only done 5. So they pulled some up for me and we did another 3 boxes. we went down for break and then washed all the swedes the men had done and the leeks. We went back up the field to get 12 boxes of parsnips and some loose carrots. As soon as we got there I scraped 2 parsnips out of the field and had a dreadful stomach ache! So I walked all the way back to the yard to go to the toilet.I still had a tummy ache and I wonder if I strained it trying to pull the leeks out. I decided I would go home so I found the boss and told him, he said it was fine as we were well up with work! When I got home it was 11.50. H made me a coffee and I sat and read my book for half an hour then I felt better so I swept the kitchen and toilet floors and washed them both. I hung the chocolate tree decs on the Christmas tree and made a pot of tea. we had cod, potato wedges and mushy peas for dinner. Our son arrived home for Christmas and brought a nice bottle of port with him so we all had a drop of that. I have just got to work Monday and Tuesday and then no more till January 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment