Monday 12 July 2021

Monday (work)

I got up at 5 oclock and made a pot of tea. I had 2 eggs for breakfast and packed my snack for break, a lump of cheese and a tomato with my bottle of water.I watched a bit of tele and also read a bit of my book till it was time to dress and get ready to go to work. I had to walk to the beetroot and picked 10 bunches and then 48 bunches of carrots. Andy joined me towards the end and we also had to have a box of broard beans.We took everything to the yard and washed and packed it all. We had our breakand then went back for the next orders. 33 bunches of beetroot, 48 bunches of carrots, 6 bunches of radishes, 24 bunches of spring onions a box of rhubarb and 12 boxes of beans. It all took till one oclock and then I went home. I had a coffee and a banana. We watched a film and i struggled to keep awake. We had a cup of tea, watched tipping point, had a bath and dinner which was salmon, baked potatoes ans baked beans. The boss said that on Friday he had a flash flood, two inches of rain in a very few minuits. Its washed plants out of the ground and leeched the soil of fertilizer. Also we were supposed to pull up another bed of leeks to pland tomorrow but the land is too wet to to drive a tractor on so now tomorrow I dont have to go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment