Tuesday 2 August 2022

Tuesday

I got up at 6.40 so I was pleased with such a good sleep when it is so hot. I put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. H was already and had made the tea so I poured us both a cup and had eggs for breakfast. We had a coffee and I hung out the washing. We sat and watched the end of an old black and white film we started yesterday and when it was over we got ready to go out on our bikes. We had a nice ride, we did the same ride as yesterday but the other way round and instead of coming up muddy cutting hill we came back via the shooting school. First, at Felthorpe church we saw a beautiful snake that had been run over. Its one of the biggest grass snakes I have ever seen poor thing. In the wood round the shooting school we were lucky again when through the branches we saw 3 buzzards.I dont think we will be going that way again for a while because there are now 4 trees down, 3 of then across the track and the other beside it. We had to lift our bikes over two and managed to get under the other one. When we got home I put the bikes away and as soon as I had washed my hands I made us a coffee and we had cream crackers and cheese for lunch. After that I picked up my book and as I was about to read the doorbell rang. It was no 1 son. I made him a coffee and brought my chocolate buns out and he ate 3. He had been working on his wifes car all morning and he has got it working. Last night hubby happened to notice we had a message flashing on our answer phone. It was for me and had been left by the eye clinic. It was too late to call back as they close at 5 pm so I rang this morning. It was to check that I am vovid free and keeping my appointment tomorrow. ( yes) they said it will take around an hour and a half. Dinner tonight was lamb chops, bacon, mushrooms, potato wedges and peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment