Friday 6 April 2018

Frantic Friday!!

We got up at 6.15 and both had toast for breakfast. I dressed etc and we went to Asda for our weekly shop. When we got home we put all the shopping away and had a coffee and a cream bun. Next we took the roll of lounge carpet out of the garage and took it upstairs. Well I wish there had been someone there filming it ! We could have won £250 on ‘youve been framed ‘. It was such a struggle we managed to push it into the spare bedroom and we were so shattered we had to have a sit down and another cup of coffee. I said to H that I thought he should contact the carpet fitters to arrange for them to come and fit it. (Thinking it might be a couple of weeks) when he got off the phone he said they will be here around 12.30!!! Well it was then 9.50. We rushed upstairs and had to take everything out of the bedroom. Bed, headboard, chair, 2 tables I am storing for my daughter, then the carpet had to be pulled up, cut into strips and taken out. As soon as that was done I vacuumed the floorboards and washed the skirting boards. I had literally just finished when the doorbell rang and they were here. It was 11.15 they said they managed to get their other job finished faster than they thought they would and they were only working round the corner. They have done a fantastic job. Of course as soon as they left we had to put everything back! I think we are getting too old for all this! We had a quick lunch, corned beef sandwich and a cup of tea. It’s all taken most of the day, we had to saw the bottom off the door because the carpet is so thick. I relaxed in a nice hot bath and for dinner we had paella and patatas bravas. My cousin rang me this evening to tell me it’s our aunts funeral on the 17 of this month. She was 98 and would have been 99 in June. It’s a sad day because she is the last of my family of that generation, she was my Dad’s youngest sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment