Saturday 1 July 2017

Saturday

H came and woke me up at 6.20 and I was annoyed! I couldn't think why he wanted to wake me up at that time on a Sunday!! What a bonus when I found out it was Saturday!! I had an extra day. We went shopping first and when we got back we unpacked etc and had a coffee. Our son was up when we got back and he said we should go for a bike ride leaving here around 11am. I was feeling a bit under the weather but I thought it might make me feel better. Well we all started off and then H realised he had forgotten his backpack. Son and I said don't bother to go back for it because we both had spare tubes and tools but his drink was in his bag so back he went while we waited. When he got back to us we carried on and had only gone a mile when his chain snapped!!! Well thank goodness he went back for his bag because in it he had a link remover and a spare link so with a bit of fiddling he managed to fix it. We rode to Reepham where our son treated us to coffee and scones with butter and jam. They were delicious but I couldn't eat all mine, they were huge. I wrapped my leftover half in my serviette and ate it for my lunch when I got home. We went to the Dial house, the first time I have been there, it's nice. By the time we got back home I was feeling much better but I am quite tired. I got our son a salad for lunch and he went climbing. H and I sat in the garden in the sun. We opened a bottle of wine and later had a shower. For dinner I made a cottage pie which was nice and we had it with carrots and broccoli with gravy. We had strawberries for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment