Monday 31 July 2017

Monday.

I got up at 5.30 and put on a load of washing before having my breakfast. I packed myself 2 beetroot and cucumber sandwiches with some cherry tomatoes, made the bed, dressed, hung out the washing and went to work. I had to pick 10 bunches of golden beetroot,25 bunches of radishes and then 160 bunches of spring onions with Andrew. We had finished this by 10.20 and I had to spend all the rest of the day weeding. It was a long day because I had forgotten my ' walkman' ! I had also forgotten my phone! When I got home I had a cup of tea and a bath, then I thought I would check my phone but I couldn't find it ! We searched the house out and I was getting ready worried when H remembered that I had taken a different bag out yesterday w hitch I had put upstairs in a wardrobe, which was why we couldn't hear it when H rang it.we had burgers for dinner tonight with 2 eggs, fried tomatoes and oven chips.yummy.
This evening we had some very sad news, H has a brother Philip who is in his sixties and has been told he has cancer of the pancreas. Poor Phil used to have a job that meant he spent a lot of time up ladders. He fell from a great height and got serious brain damage, he was in a comer for weeks and has a metal plate in his head. After that he was never the same again but he has always so happy and content and lives in sheltered accommodation.
I have to go to work again on Wednesday so tomorrow H and I are going out on our bikes, weather permitting, he is going to put our smooth tyres on and we are doing a ' road ride' .

No comments:

Post a Comment