Saturday 29 July 2017

Saturday

I got up at 6 after H had made the tea and sliced off the bread for my toast. I put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. We then got ready to go shopping. When we got back I unpacked and put everything away while H made the coffee which we had with a jam and cream do-nut. H had put on a loaf of bread which w as going to be done at 10am so at 9 we popped out to our local garden centre where I bought a house plant to go in my jardiniere. H bought himself a pair of short wellies and I also went to sew simple for a ball of wool. On the way back we went to the chemist to collect my prescription. When the bread was done we got ready to go out on our mountain bikes. We did 19 miles but the track was very muddy so we were on and off road, when we arrived home H mowed the front and back lawns while I made ham and mustard sandwiches for lunch with a coffee and some little tomatoes. This afternoon I did a bit of knitting and also read some of my book. I got all my washing dry so tomorrow I will do the weeks ironing. We watched the women's cycle race in London and were surprised to see it raining, it was lovely here. However by the time the race was over it had begun to rain here. For dinner tonight we had paella with patatas bravas and roast broccoli. It was stewed plums with vanilla ice cream for pudding. I hope we aren't going to get too much rain tonight because I want to go out on my bike tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment