Monday 10 July 2017

Monday

We got up at 5.30 and I put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch,a sandwich and a salad, made the bed, dressed, hung our the washing and went to work. I had to pick 20 bunches of beetroot,  25 bunches of radishes and 24 bunches of carrots. Andy came to pick all the things and me up and go down to the yard to wash and pack it all stopping on the way to pull up 250 leek plants for a customer. After we had packed everything up we had our coffee break. After that I had to weed and twist the runner beans up thier  canes till Andy came to get me to plant lettuces. When it was lunch time we walked back to the men's shed to get out of the heat for a while. I then carried on with the beans till Andy was back and then spent all the rest of the day pricking out the lettuce and fennel. There were 8 trays altogether and each tray has roughly 300 plants so that's 2.400 plants all planted  by me. Andy was hoeing etc. I had forgotten to take anything out of the freezer for dinner tonight so we just had scrambled egg. It was alright really because it's too hot to eat a huge cooked dinner. We had a cup of tea and a bath.  I don't have to go to work again till Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment