Thursday 25 May 2017

Thursday

It was work again so I was up at 5.40 and had my breakfast, packed my lunch,cream crackers with marmite and some cherry tomatoes. When I got there the first thing I had to do was 105 bunches of radishes. I hadn't quite finished them when Andy came to collect them so he had to help me. I then had to weed the second early leeks, there is only 8 rows of them but they are really long rows. When I had finished I walked down to the greenhouse and snapped all the side shoots out of the tomatoes and twisted them up their strings. Next I had to plant lettuces, I planted well over a thousand. There were flat lettuce, cos, oak leaf and lollo Rossa. I also had about 150 fennel to plant. After that I had to join Andy who was planting squashes. We planted onion squash (208) harlequin (208) spaghetti squash and 2 other varieties that I can't remember the name of. When I left off I was really worn out with the work and the heat. I don't have to go again till Tuesday. When I got home I had my cup of tea and a soak in the bath. My daughter rang for a chat, she has all next week off so that will be nice. For dinner we had quiche, mushrooms, tomatoes and potato wedges. No2 son rang after dinner, he is off to Wales for the weekend to do some climbing. The forecast is good for tomorrow so I plan to do a bit of sun bathing to top up my vitamin D.

No comments:

Post a Comment