Tuesday 2 May 2017

Monday

I was up at 5.50, made a pot of tea and a bowl of porridge for breakfast. I packed myself a salad, a banana and a bottle of water for my lunch and packed my bag. I put on a load of washing and had time to hang it out before I had to leave. First I had to pick 25 bunches of radishes and then join the men on leeks. We had 4 rows left and the boss managed to lift the first 2 rows but the last 2 were really difficult, the ground is so hard, anyway we managed to get them all finished so no more leek trimming till around September. When we had finished them we went to the yard where we washed and packed them. There was half an hour of my time left so we all went to the greenhouse, filled 12 trays with peat and I just had time to seed 1 before I left off. My cup of tea was ready when I got home and while I was drinking it H ran me a bath. We just had eggs for tea and I have come upstairs to watch my soaps. I am not expecting to stay awake for very long. I have to go again tomorrow, we are doing the first big plant of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment