Thursday 25 January 2018

Thursday.

Work today was not as bad as I expected. I had my breakfast ( toast and tea ), did a load of washing. Made the bed , dressed and went to work. I had to go with Andy and we had to pick 7dozen bunches of carrots, 5 boxes of loose ones and 4 bunches of purple ones. We then went down to wash and pack them. After coffee break I had to walk back and pick a sack of sprouts and then trim leeks. Andy came back with an order for 3 boxes of parsnips then we went back to leeks till lunch break. After break we washed and packed everything which took till 2 pm. The boss came up after that and told me I had to wash the inside glass of the greenhouse! It’s something I have to do every year but it’s not a job I look forward to, I can’t reach the top so I have to stand on a box and all the water runs down my arm so I go home soaked. Luckily it was milder today. When I got home I had a cup of tea, then a bath before cooking dinner. We had eggs, chips and beans, we should have had sausages with it but I forgot to get them out of the freezer!,, I have to work again next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment