Tuesday 30 January 2018

Nightmare Tuesday!

Today started off ok, I got up just before 6 30, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I dressed and hung out the washing and then we had a coffee. H went up to have a ride on Zwift island and I emptied the dishwasher and put everything away, made the bed and started a new book. When H had finished he showered and dressed and said we would go for a drive to check our car. I put my coat and boots on we got in and the battery was as dead as a dodo!! H said we would have to go to Halfords to get a battery charger. He didn’t want to bike because he had just done miles upstairs. So we walked to the bus stop. Our busses have changed their route, they used to go right passed Halfords but we had to get off and walk quite a way which was fine. But we decided there was no point buying a charger we might as well get a new battery and done with it. The one we have on the car is 8 years old. Well I bought this new battery and a strong bag to carry it home in and we walked back to the bus stop. We had a handle of the each and had to keep changing hands, it was so heavy. We must have carried it for over 2 miles altogether and we were both worn out. We had a coffee and a corned beef sandwich then H went out and fitted it into the car. We went for a drive right away and it seems to be ok. I got my washing and was fit for nothing else! I had to cook dinner but that was easy, an M&S meal deal which was yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment